gnustep-make frameworks: multiple entries in FRAMEWORK_NAME

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: gnustep-make frameworks: multiple entries in FRAMEWORK_NAME
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:41:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hi David,

some time ago there was this thread about FRAMEWORK_NAME not supporting
multiple entries ... I now did a further gnustep-make cleanup of the
framework/subproject code - hopefully getting to the point that it should
now work with FRAMEWORK_NAME containing multiple entries.

Let me know if you try it out and have any problems with it.

#

Unfortunately, I had to do one API change which I want to document on the
mailing list -

CURRENT_VERSION_NAME was a globally defined variable ... but if you have
multiple independent frameworks built from the same GNUmakefile, each of
them need to have its own.  So, I had to drop it, and replace it with a
XXX_CURRENT_VERSION_NAME instead.

Similarly for DEPLOY_WITH_CURRENT_VERSION, which has been replaced by
XXX_DEPLOY_WITH_CURRENT_VERSION.

#

For all frameworks meant to be used with gnustep-make from CVS (or future
gnustep-make releases), I do recommend using XXX_CURRENT_VERSION_NAME.
For frameworks which must for some reason be compilable with older
gnustep-make versions, the recommended way to go is to set both of them -

CURRENT_VERSION_NAME = F
MyFramework_CURRENT_VERSION_NAME = F

And then drop CURRENT_VERSION_NAME as soon as a new stable gnustep-make
release is ready and widespread, and you are switching to using it only.