Re: GCObject? What's this? How to port?

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: GCObject? What's this? How to port?
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:35:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:57:17 +0100 Philip Mötteli <address@hidden> wrote:
>| I made a first attempt to port GDL2 to MOSX. Apart from some cycled
>| imports I have especially one problem: What are those GC objects?
>| "Garbage Collectable", I think. But how should that map to the
>| 'Retain/Release' strategy of Cocoa?

They should be garbage collectable because record objects may retains each
others
For example, object B have a relation to object B and B have a relation to A.
So each one 'retain' the other.
in gdl2, retain/release and gc are used but gc apply only on objects which may
reference each others.

There's no garbage collection in Cocoa ? In this case, may be you could try to
adapt gnustep
extension GC* objects.

Manuel

Support - OXYMIUM <address@hidden>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998