Re: Determining HOME under MinGW

From: Tom Koelman
Subject: Re: Determining HOME under MinGW
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:40:19 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> I'll trust that this is a good idea ... I don't know about windows ...
>
> I've implemented USERPROFILE in NSHomeDirectoryForUser() and
> in the corresponding user_home.c code in the make package.

Well, USERPROFILE is the location where user specific files are
usually stored. The HOMEDRIVE / HOMEPATH construction is used _very_
seldomly, as far as I know, actually I hadn't heard of it's existance
before I discovered OpenStep.

In the near future I might even give a stab at getting the user and
system settings in the registry instead of a file. Not sure about that
yet, though.

Tom