Re: removing the 'make install'-->'make all' dependency

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: removing the 'make install'-->'make all' dependency
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:42:32 -0700

I'm all for removing it. It's bad to link these together, for the reasons you describe. Rpm packagers probably doesn't want or expect this also.

...Except that some of our instructions (like README.MinGW) indicate that you can just do

make install

to compile and install it. Perhaps some people are used to this also, so we'd have to document this well.