Re: [Osdem]GNUstep at Fosdem 2003 ?

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: [Osdem]GNUstep at Fosdem 2003 ?
Date: 09 Dec 2002 20:29:57 +0100

Nicola Pero <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I suspect many other important developers/fans/supporters/lurkers (too
> long a list to list all them here) would attend if we organize such a
> meeting, as many already did past year, and showed a lot of interest in
> coming back again.

I will definitely attend, probably in my `lurker' role. (Although I
hope to start coding in the near future).

> I wish we had not only internal (gnustep-developer) conferences, but also
> at least one occasion to talk about GNUstep to a wider public.  Given the
> widespread availability of Apple Mac OS X (and the interest it raises),
> the topic of portability between GNUstep and Cocoa OS X might be a very
> interesting topic for a public conference at Fosdem.

I hope there are people attending who use GNUstep on Windows.
Personally do not know a lot about Windows but we are now
seriously investigating if we can move a big part of our code base to
GNUstep base on Windows.  So any experience is welcome.
In the case we proceed, some development time will be freed up to
get base in a good shape on MinGW.

Wim Oudshoorn.