Re: [Osdem]GNUstep at Fosdem 2003 ?

From: Benoît Rouits
Subject: Re: [Osdem]GNUstep at Fosdem 2003 ?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:10:05 +0100

le Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:27:23 +0000 (GMT)
Nicola Pero écrivait:
> Hello,
>
> last year (2002) GNUstep had a very succesful developer
> meeting at Fosdem.  Most GNUstep developers gathered and
> met at Fosdem.  It was the first time we did so, and it
> was definitely great.
>
> It would be very nice to repeat the event.

I take benefit from your post, that, as as simple lurker,
I am interesed in the OpenStep implementetion, alsmost
because it can be ported on Mac adn i'm interested in
that. Last year, GNUStep's whow was, afair how to make
simple graphical apps. But i if i'd like to hear somtehing
now, it would be rather about the objects concepts behind
the OpenStep API and Objective C (such as the core way of
thinkning GNUstep, the PS display, the, poll() and devie
acccess equivalents, Distributed Objects, etc..). Then,
that could give developpers a good overview alternative to
make a choice on which technique they'd like to study in
terms of open framewokrs between C/gtk/gnome/orbit style,
C++/Qt/KDE/Dcop style or Objective-C/GNUStep/'desk/'DOs
:))

Anyway.. Since the come back of OS-X, i think many
fresh developpers must be well informed about that.

Now, of course, it is simpley a lurker's point of view..
:)))

--
Ben
P.S: just one-liner as a developper, more instersted in