Re: Problem with autogsdoc and GSFusedSilica.h

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with autogsdoc and GSFusedSilica.h
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:07:32 +0000

On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 04:36  pm, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

Hi,

I tried to update the documentation to the latest from last night's cvs
checkout - autogsdoc gets caught in a loop when trying to create the
HTML for GSFusedSilica when processing the following lines (147 to
151) in GSFusedSilica.h:

  static const CGRect CGRectNull = {{-1,-1},{0,0}};  /*FIXME*/

  static const CGSize CGSizeZero = {0,0};

  static const CGRect CGRectZero = {{0,0},{0,0}};

A change to, eg.

  static const CGRect CGRectNull = {
        {-1, -1},
        {0, 0}
  };

will "fix" it.

Thanks ... I fixed autogsdoc instead.

On a side-note, why are some of the documentation files maintained with
TeX? The reason I'm asking is, that for example Slowlaris and BSD do not by default have TeX (and related) installed - but configure never checks
that.

Nicola's tutorials are kept in TeX by his personal preference. I'm in sympathy with the approach of using TeX for non-automated documentation,
as it does permit you to get a very good effect.

Other stuff uses texinfo to produce pretty printed output as well as info output ... because info is the official FSF documentation format, but is too ugly for most people to read. This is mostly used for 'official' release notes and suchlike.

And of course autogsdoc is good for reference documentation ...

Frankly, it's so hard to get people to contribute documentation that I'm not likely to complain about any format they do it in (I'll make an exception for ms-word).