Re: Problem with autogsdoc and GSFusedSilica.h

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Problem with autogsdoc and GSFusedSilica.h
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:29:13 -0800

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:07:32 +0000
Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nicola's tutorials are kept in TeX by his personal preference.  I'm in
> sympathy with the approach of using TeX for non-automated
> documentation, as it does permit you to get a very good effect.
> Other stuff uses texinfo to produce pretty printed output as well as
> info output ... because info is the official FSF documentation format,
> but is too ugly for most people to read.  This is mostly used for
> 'official' release notes and suchlike.
> And of course autogsdoc is good for reference documentation ...

I'll leave that open to discussion, but personally, I like autogsdoc.

> Frankly, it's so hard to get people to contribute documentation that
> I'm not likely to complain about any format they do it in (I'll make
> an exception for ms-word).

Heh, very true. I'm _not_ complaining about the usage of TeX, though I
can imagine long faces if/when people (especially those new to GNUstep)
try to create the documenation and see it fail because TeX isn't
installed... I made a quick check, and as far as I can see, TeX isn't
even mentioned anywhere as a requirement to create the docu. It should
be at least in GNUstep-HOWTO, even a side-note would be fine.

--
Chris