Re: Testing GDL2

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Testing GDL2
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:11:20 -0700

Is it possible you have an older version of greg installed somewhere? It might possibly be in /usr/local/bin:

which greg

should find it.

David Ayers wrote:
Adam Fedor wrote:

David Ayers wrote:

I would like to take the oppurtunity to see if there is any interest in standardizing tests for GNUstep. I understand that given the dramatic diffrences in approaches for a gui-app and gsweb-app that there will still be some specialized testing approaches for these parts, but I think standard "regression tests" to test the API basics should be implemented using one standardized test suite. Personally I have no particualr preference (yet :-) ).

It would be nice to use gnustep-guile since we already have a lot of work done with this for the base library. It's a bit difficult to learn, although probably anything else would be just as hard.

Perfect, but here is my problem using: 1.4.1:
guile:
./configure - OK
make - OK
make install - OK

gnustep/dev-lib/guile:
./configure - OK
make - OK
make install - OK
make check ...

Making check in Greg...
WARNING: No GNUmakefile found for aggregate project Greg; using 'Makefile'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/cvs/gnustep/dev-libs/guile/Greg'
(cd Test; make check);
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/cvs/gnustep/dev-libs/guile/Greg/Test'
greg --tool basic
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: /home/dave/GNUstep/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgreg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [check] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cvs/gnustep/dev-libs/guile/Greg/Test'
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cvs/gnustep/dev-libs/guile/Greg'
make: *** [internal-check] Error 2

and that is true, as my libgreg.so is in:
/opt/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/libgreg.so
and not in:
/home/dave/GNUstep/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgreg.so

Could you suggest a pointer?

Cheers,
Dave

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you