Re: GNUstep/Darwin status ?

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep/Darwin status ?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:53:19 +0100

On 2003-01-20 23:42:03 +0100 Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 06:52 AM, Nicolas Roard wrote:

Hello,

Is GNUstep compiling on Darwin ? I tried -- without success -- to compile base
on mac os 10.2.3
with the last dev tools ... and same with a gcc 3.2.1 from gnu (errors were not
the same but...)

At some time in the past it has. No guarantee it does now... See machines.texi
in the make/Documentation subdirectory for instructions (The one on the web is
old: http://www.gnustep.org/information/machines_1.html#SEC2)

Ok that's the instructions I followed, but it didn't work. I could have missed something.
With "apple" gcc I had problem with configure (something like
determining void* size), and with gnu gcc I had a strange problem about
multiple compilation not working with -S and -o ...  I have perhaps wrongly
compiled gcc (./configure --enable-threads=posix; make bootstrap ; make install
...)
Even with gnu gcc the gnustep's base configure wanted to use NeXT runtime,
and I forced the configure to use the GNU runtime.

--
Nicolas Roard <address@hidden>
http://info.xdev.org/projets/waiho