Re: Printing glyphs (Was: GNUstep 0.8.5 pre-release)

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Printing glyphs (Was: GNUstep 0.8.5 pre-release)
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 00:40:49 +0100

I did write a short hack to allow for glyph printing even without support in the backend. In the long run this must be replaced again. But I think that this should be done on the NSLayoutManager level, as we should stick with the show PS operator and supply characters to it, instead of sending glyphs to PostScript. Perhaps the current operations to draw a glyph run (send font, send colour, move to point, send glyphs and clear the path) could also be merged into one single backend command to simplify things for most backends. And for the other backends this can be implemented easily with the current code.

Fred

Alexander Malmberg wrote:
Adam Fedor wrote:

Also, printing, after a brief spell of barely working, doesn't anymore.
I'll have to figure out how to display glyphs in PostScript now...

Just a quick note about this: I've looked a bit at it, and it seems to
me that the backend supplying the fonts (eg. -xlib or -art) and the
printing "backend" (GSStreamContext) are going to have to talk a lot
with each other while printing. 'glyphshow' should be able to handle
this, and I know I can get back-art to provide postscript font and glyph
names (for printable fonts, anyway).