Re: some diffs to optimize flushing

From: Benhur Stein
Subject: Re: some diffs to optimize flushing
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:57:37 -0300

Citando Alexander Malmberg <address@hidden>:

> Benhur Stein wrote:
> [snip]
> > The other change in the patch is to eliminate a call to flush inside
> -update.
>
> I don't know if you saw my mail about this, but afaict, [NSWindow
> -update] isn't supposed to be doing anything display-related at all.
Yes, it seems to be a change made in OSX, because older Openstep
documentation seems to imply that all automatic redrawing was done in
-update.
Anyway, the way the code is now (without the patch), windows
are flushed at least twice, one in display (that can be called from
-_handleWindowNeedsDisplay or from -update) and another one at the end
of -update (and this one happens in each run of the runloop).

Benhur