[GDL2] Question about relation definition and faulting

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: [GDL2] Question about relation definition and faulting
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:03:09 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Question for EOF/GDL2 gurus :-)

I have 4 entities A, B, C, D, with relation A<->B, B<->C, C<->D
I also have a relation  to 'jump' from A to C with a definition named aToC like
        aToB.bToC
If I de-fault this relation and get (for example) an empty array (matching B
record exists but there's no B related C
record) and next add D and C records with C matching the B record, As aToC, is
already de-faulted, the array is still
empty.

Do you think it's 'normal' so I need to refault aToC or explicitely add object
to both side of a relation named cToA
(i.e. GDL2 is right).
Or do you think aToC relation shouldn't be a fault array but a call to
something like valueForKeyPath:@"aToB.bToC" (i.e.
dynamically trying to find matching values) ? And if yes, is it a problem of
GDL2 or is it a wrong model ?

Thank you !!

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <address@hidden>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998