GNUstep on Win32

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: GNUstep on Win32
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 02:16:17 +0100

I tried onece more to use GNUstep on MinGW (again on top of Cygwin). I
did get a lot further than the last time, but again failed. The first
problem I did encounter was the latest change Richard did on base. the
class FastMallocBuffer has been removed, but the symbol is still
exported by libgnustep-base.def.in, compilation fails until this line
gets removed. I am not sure at which cvs branch this problem should be fixed.

I could not work around the next problem that easily. After compiling
the rest of GNUstep, starting Ink.app failed with a message from gdnc
complaining that it is "unable to get status of descriptor", but the
error message is that the operation was successful. This leaves me
puzzled and I don't have the slightest idea what the computer tries to
tell me. As I never before tried to use GSFileHandle on Windows I am not
sure if this is a new problem or even caused by my old environment that
is still in place.