Re: NSDictionary / KVC

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: NSDictionary / KVC
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 19:52:04 +0100

David Ayers wrote:

Manuel Guesdon wrote:

Hi,

Seems changes has been made in EO/NSKeyValueCoding for dictionary.
As far as I can see NSDictionary KVC valueForKey implementation, we'll have a warning each time we call it with key
count, allKeys and allValues.
Won't it be better to use what was done in gdl2: emit a warning only the first time ? Otherwise, we may have a lot of
warnings :-(

As far as I can see, valueForKeyPath implementation has changed. Support for keys like 'a.b' has
disappeared, hasn't it ?
This I believe is due to OS X changes... It's not really removed but a lot of methods have been deactivated for #ifdef FOUNDATION_HAS_KVC which is true for OS X and gnustep-base.

I have a totally reworked version of EOKeyValueCoding (which includes all the GDL2 features by default) but there are still some unresolved edge cases that I wanted to clean up before I post for approval. But as the current state is subotimal for you right now, let me see if I can clean up a bit an post what I've got sofar. Give me 30 minutes...

I need a bit more time...
hopefully in a few hours.

Cheers,
Dave