Re: RFA: [base] GSObjCRuntime

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: RFA: [base] GSObjCRuntime
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:10:57 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 12:31  pm, David Ayers wrote:

OK to commit?

Sorry to be awkward but ... while I have no actual objection to you comitting what you've done,

Commited:
* Rename GSObjCReplaceImplementation to GSObjCReplaceMethod.
* Added GSObjCGetMethod.
* Added sanity checks in GSObjCRuntime.m
* Added includes to GSCategories.h

wouldn't it be even better to make the name of the function GSObjCSetMethod rather than GSObjCReplaceMethod ... for consistency with the ivar management functions, and to add functionality such that, if the method does not already exist in the class, it is added (and a null
IMP returned for the old value of the method implementation).

In fact it would probably boil down to the existing
void GSObjCAddMethods (Class class, struct objc_method_list *methods)
and some convinience function to create an objc_method_list from an array of objc_method structs and maybe some convinience function/macro to initialize an objc_method struct with the selector, signature and implementation pointer, or an NSArray with NSDictionary thereof.

But I don't see this as high priority currently.  Anyone?

Cheers,
Dave