Release schedule

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Release schedule
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:09:21 -0700

I think that the way I handle stable releases may be too complicated, or perhaps it's that people are afraid to commit even bug fixes to the release branch. So I am trying to think of different things to do the next time. Just for your information, I typically make a pre-release version and then fork a branch in CVS for bug fixes for the release. I then make a release about a month after the pre-release.

One thing I might try next time is to make multiple (perhaps weekly) pre-releases, so that people feel comfortable putting in bug fixes knowing that they will be tested. Let me know if you have other ideas.

---

Also, after much procrastination, I hope to update the upcoming goals/schedule for GNUstep:

http://www.gnustep.org/developers/schedule.html

If you have any thoughts on what our major goals should be for the next few releases, let me know.