Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:42:08 +0100

Nicola Pero wrote:

There is a global macro, GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL, which is defined if compiling
on Win32.

If that's all what you want to check, check for GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL.

Yes that was what I meant.  Which brings up an interesting question...
Do we support Apple's ProjectBuilder generated makefiles and makefile system, (which I believe Stéphane is using)? Personally I would like to avoid this because:
a) Maintianers need an OS X to verify that things are working
b) Makefiles and headers will get cluttered with constructs to support both make systems
c) Nicola goes through a lot of effort to insure gnustep-make works on OS X.
(d) I would prefer patches which include the necessary GNUmakefile changes as we have to make them anyway.)

If the GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL macro is defined, then you have to manage
automatically dllexporting and dllimporting; and, as Adam says, you have a
separate macro defined for each library to know if the library itself is being compiled, or something using the library (the macro is BUILD_libXXX_DLL).

Yes, these names are unique to the library in the patch.

I suppose base and gui should provide clear examples for it - you can just copy from there :-)

Well, actually I did used gnustep-gui's AppKittDefines.h as template.for my orginal version of EOControl/EODefines.h, which is why I noticed this difference to the posted patch. :-)

Adam Fedor wrote:

Oops. I was confused, Yes it should be GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL

No prob.

Cheers,
Dave