Re[2]: RFC: [GDL2/base] unableToSetNullForKey: / unableToSetNilForKey:

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: RFC: [GDL2/base] unableToSetNullForKey: / unableToSetNilForKey:
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:16:38 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:33:32 +0100 David Ayers <address@hidden> wrote:

 >| Hi Manuel,
 >|
 >| Manuel Guesdon wrote:

 >| > >|

 >| > >|
 >and
 >patch
 >| >
 >| >This kind of method would also solve other problems, for example my
 >'combined key' problem :-)
 >| >

 >| Well actually the problem can be solved the way it is now by leaving the
 >| implementation of this special case handling for
 >| valueForKeyPath:/takeValueForKeyPath: in NSDictionary as base's  and (I
 >| believe) Foundation don't override this in NSDictionary.

i.e.  implement it in gdl2 KVC like before, right ?
It's fine for me.

 >| Or do you want
 >| to extend this mechanism to all (i.e. custom) objects?  I can't really
 >| see the usefullness of a key like "'some.key.with.periods'" for any type
 >| of object except NSDictionary... But if you like, I can see if I can
 >| replace NSObject's implementation for GDL2.

No, I see this usefull only for display group query dictionary. But may be
there's a better solution: we don't
overwrite/implement this for NSDictionary but we implement
takeValue:forKeyPath:,... in GSWDisplay group and this
implementation will take care of combined keys.
What do you think ?

Manuel
Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <address@hidden>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998