Re: RFC: [GDL2/base] unableToSetNullForKey: / unableToSetNilForKey:

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: RFC: [GDL2/base] unableToSetNullForKey: / unableToSetNilForKey:
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:45:27 +0100

Manuel Guesdon wrote:

No, I see this usefull only for display group query dictionary. But may be
there's a better solution: we don't
overwrite/implement this for NSDictionary but we implement
takeValue:forKeyPath:,... in GSWDisplay group and this
implementation will take care of combined keys.
What do you think ?
Hi Manuel,

I must admit that I still don't know enough about the internal mechanics of GSWDisplayGroup. But I think it would be worth while creating a GSWMutableDictionary as a subclass of NSMutableDictionary that implements the feature. And have GSWDisplayGroup use these dictionaries.... That would at least confine the scope of the issue. I'm not sure what the implecations of using this dictionary in other contexts is though, but what ever might go wrong will definately go wrong if the implementation is in NSDictionary as it is now. And if we had the special subclass we could easily 'fix' any potential issue in that context be creating a new [NSDictionary dictionaryWithDictionary:aGSWDictionary] in that context.

Hmm. I think I like the idea.  Lets ponder about it a bit more.

Cheers,
Dave