Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: GDL2 - patches for OSX (1)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:57:44 +0100

Stéphane Corthésy wrote:

I use PB only on OSX, no Windows. If I ever need to use gdl2 on Windows, I'll use the standard gnustep distribution/makefiles, and whatever gui I can find. (note to David: yes, Apple are silently building their soft on x86, but don't tell it to anyone :-P)

Well, I've heard that they compile OS X (or parts thereof) on x86, but this would be a Cocoa for Windows, and that would be kind of cumbersome to maintain on the side without a "product strategy". ;-)

I submitted these #ifdef ...DLL... because I thought you still needed them on Windows, as it was needed in OpenStep time.

I guess I was unclear... My original question was whether to use GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL or EOCONTROL_WITH_DLL. Your file suggested the later, but gnustep-make expects the former. I first thought that we have to augment our headers to support both. But as long as Apple doesn't release a new Windows version of Cocoa, we can stick with GNUSTEP_WITH_DLL.

I'll maintain the PBX file, because I won't use another gui on OSX. I don't mind if it's not in the official distribution. Adam recently added my PBX files for gnustep base, but also added a notice stating that it's not the official build system, and is maintained by third-party.

Great!

Cheers,
Dave