Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:32:10 -0700

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 02:36 AM, David Ayers wrote:

Giulio Cesare Solaroli wrote:

I have no problem at all to contribute the code to FSF, but there are some issues that must be resolved: - our frameworks use some of the Omni frameworks; before committing everything to the FSF this dependency must be removed; this should not be a huge problem, but must be investigated; - some code snips have been taken from mailing-list messages; I have asked the original authors an informal permission when we did the first submission to SourceForge, but I think an further check should be done before giving the copyright to FSF (all the authors are cited in the source files);

This is an issue, I believe. If you can't get the copyright assignment, kill those bits, add a comment about what they did and we can reimplement them.

- we subclass OCUnit classes so Sente too must contribute its code to FSF for complete integration.

Eventhough, that would be nice, I don't think this is absolutly necessary for a contribution. GNUstep depends on other free code that isn't a GNU project. It might be an issue if we ever wanted to make this testing framework the "official" GNUstep testing framework.

I don't think it's absolutely necessary for it to be a GNU package. It's not critical to the USE of gdl2 (AFAIK, let me know otherwise). Just an appropriate GPL-compatible license would be all that is necessary. Unless you feel strongly that otherwise, it doesn't matter to me.