Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:36:15 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 02:36 AM, David Ayers wrote:

Giulio Cesare Solaroli wrote:

- we subclass OCUnit classes so Sente too must contribute its code to FSF for complete integration.

Eventhough, that would be nice, I don't think this is absolutly necessary for a contribution. GNUstep depends on other free code that isn't a GNU project. It might be an issue if we ever wanted to make this testing framework the "official" GNUstep testing framework.

I don't think it's absolutely necessary for it to be a GNU package. It's not critical to the USE of gdl2 (AFAIK, let me know otherwise). Just an appropriate GPL-compatible license would be all that is necessary. Unless you feel strongly that otherwise, it doesn't matter to me.

Hey!

I'm just about to commit my first batch of greg/guile tests for GDL2 and *now* you tell me that we could have used OCUnit just as well??? :-[

No, seriously, I have no stake in it either way. I think we should stabalize GDL2 and if using OCUnit is more effective than greg/guile, then maybe we should go that way. I suggest that I'll keep on using greg/guile for now while Mirko and/or Stéphane can try to setup the IBNDBTestingKit together with Giulio.

Once they have it running we can have look at both of them, and check the pros and cons.

Cheers,
Dave