Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:03:02 +0100

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 09:43 AM, David Ayers wrote:

If I remember correctly, the only issue with OCUnit based code is that, despite of that fact that it is based on free (as in speech) software, it is not a GNU package, and that was why base our testing on guile eventhough it is sometimes rather akward to handle.

I'm not sure I understand this completely. OCUnit is distributed with a Free BSD license with no advertising clause. According to

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

this is a GPL-Compatible, Free Software License. Then what would be the problem?

And if this a problem would it work with a GPL license and a Sente copyright, or is a FSF copyright required to make a "GNU package"?

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland    http://www.sente.ch