Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: RFC: GDL2 differences to EOF / WO4.5.1
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:21:37 +0100

I'm not sure I understand this completely. OCUnit is distributed with a Free BSD license with no advertising clause. According to

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

this is a GPL-Compatible, Free Software License. Then what would be the problem?

And if this a problem would it work with a GPL license and a Sente copyright, or is a FSF copyright required to make a "GNU package"?

No please don't misunderstand me! I didn't mean it was a legal issue. It's just that when we had this discussion a while back, I got the impression that GNU projects *should* use GNU guile as *the* "official" scripting/testing framework and a lot of people put a lot of work into it. That's why, back then, it was pointed out that we *should* use the *GNU* libraray rather than some other free library.

OK, I remember that discussion, and yes, it makes sense to use Guile. I misread your original comment about free (you said speech, I read lunch), which put me off tracks. Sorry.

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland    http://www.sente.ch