Re: Release schedule

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:20:02 +0100

On 2003-03-28 04:37:19 +0100 Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

Printing is my priority also. Although I'd also like to see a more unified
drawing/printing system, so it isn't so hard to keep the two in sync (e.g.
image drawing/compositing, fonts, etc).

Also:

- "Automatic" Standard fonts or a standard font download for the art backend
(e.g. for newbies).

I would like to add to this, what I have mentioned in my previous mailings:
better (well, actualy at least some) font management. It should be separated
and contentrated in one place for both, display and printer fonts. Maybe in
addition to graphic backend we should have font backend or font management
bundles?

- A well-tested ProjectCenter release.

I double this.
- Automatic crash/bug reporter integrated into the gui

I double this too. If you have looked at my GSArray patch, similar verbosity
should be added to all gnustep exceptions. That meants, to add userInfo
dictionary with detailed info. That info should be included in exception panel.
Moreover, what about some 'central exception log' where users can find last
exception?

Just my few immediate morning thoughts :)

Stefan Urbanek