Re: Release schedule - to branch or not to branch

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: Release schedule - to branch or not to branch
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:38:14 +0200

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 10:58 PM, Tobias wrote:
I agree with this - I have often argued that branches have never been
particularly useful for GNUstep - they seem to be mostly wasting our time.
i agree.
somehow...

consider a user, that wants to test, but needs a quiet stable desktop.
he does not follow mailing lists, nor does he regularly look at the website.

at present:
he will do a `cvs up` in his checkout.

I don't think a user does use CVS at all.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip