Re: Release schedule

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:14:03 -0800

On 02 Apr 2003 00:02:01 +0200
Willem Rein Oudshoorn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, this brings me to the following idea.
> We have code in base that gives the returns the return addresses
> of the current stack frame.
> gdb and the addr2line utility can translate these addresses to
> filenames and linenumbers.
> If we can combine these two inside base we could put
> as extra information in the exceptions the stacktrace
> with filenames and line numbers.
> This will help with debugging.

The ObjC runtime already keeps track of the stack frame, at least for
the last X methods/functions.

Just pop the information from the stack and dump it to the console, and
you don't need to rely on external tools. Eg. you could set a Defaults
like "DumpStack=YES" - or NO, if you prefer an external debugger.

--
Chris