Re: Release schedule

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:38:01 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 03.04.03 um 00:18 Uhr schrieb Alexander Malmberg:

... but as others have pointed out, we probably want the
flexibility to add our own additions (and, in some cases, changes).
(Actually, we already have a fair amount of them.)

Until now I've seen only few cases where GNUstep additions add real value. A lot of this stuff seems to be the result of preferred coding style. But that's my personal opinion and I'm no expert on this since I've never considered to use any of these extensions.

Adding extensions neither in OpenStep nor in Cocoa adds yet more chances for bugs, more code to maintain and the risk of forking away from Cocoa. This shouldn't be a goal of GNUstep better yet it should be mostly avoided.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/