Little query on matrix and setShowsFirstResponder

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Little query on matrix and setShowsFirstResponder
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 06:54:05 +0100

NSMatrix now calls setShowsFirstResponder: on the currently selected cell, so that the text of that cell is drawn with a dotted outline. Where we have cells with images as well as text (like in the Gorm 'toolbar') this can look really ugly. I worked around this by subclassing the NSButtonCell used to ignore setShowsFirstResponder: ... but this seems a little clumsy.
Does anyone know of a better solution?