Re: Incompatible change in rules.make as of v1.149

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Incompatible change in rules.make as of v1.149
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:31:00 +0200

On Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003, at 16:30 Europe/Berlin, Nicola Pero wrote:
Interesting.

:-)

The rule you need is probably something like -

%.c: %.y
        $(YACC) $(YACC_FLAGS) $<
        mv -f y.tab.c $@

Hi Nicola,

just found out that I forgot to ask a question, but anyways, your rule directly leads to it. ;-)
Why not use a rule such as:

%.c: %.y
        $(BISON) $(BISON_FLAGS) -o $@ $<

The problem here is, I'm not sure which is better. I think that I heard people say that bison usually produces better code than yacc, but I might be wrong. If that would be the case however, then it might possibly be best to decided which rule to use while configuring GNUstep make - if bison is present, take my rule, if not, go with yacc. On the other hand, this might be overkill.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com