Re: NSFilePanel browser column width

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: NSFilePanel browser column width
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:47:22 -0600

Stefan Urbanek wrote:
Hi,

In NSSavePanel/NSOpenPanel there are three narrow browser columns by default. As far as i remember, there were just two on NeXT, and they were much wider. I think that two wider columns is also better, because in current state, many filenames do not fit to the column width.

Is there any default to change it or it is hardcoded?

I think the has to do with -minColumnWidth in NSBrowser, which is pretty much hardcoded. I think it's too small also, so you could file a bug report and maybe someone would get around to adding that feature sometime, or just changing the default.

Actually, I think the width should be a little larger AND when you expanded the window, it would add columns so you could see more of the path. But it doesn't seem like NSBrowser is built to handle that (needs something like a -setMaxColumnWidth: method).