Re: Little query on matrix and setShowsFirstResponder

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Little query on matrix and setShowsFirstResponder
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 21:23:23 +0200

Hi Richard,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

NSMatrix now calls setShowsFirstResponder: on the currently selected cell, so that the text of that cell is drawn with a dotted outline. Where we have cells with images as well as text (like in the Gorm 'toolbar') this can look really ugly.

Actually this is important differentiation. The image highlighting tells you something about the "selected cell" and the dotted outline tells you something about the "first responder". These can differ (think key board navigation), eventhough the Gorm cells you are refering to actually seem to make the "first responder" the selected cell automatically. I'm not sure whether that should be considered a but or not.

To make it look nicer, maybe we could "round" the corners of the highlighting.

Cheers,
Dave