Of applications and documents

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Of applications and documents
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 05:30:32 +0200

David Adam Bordoley writes:
> Stefan Urbanek requested that I forward this email from the linux step
> general list to you guys.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Let me introduce myself. My name is dave and I have been somewhat active in
> gnome over the last year or so, mostly with an interest in usability. I've
> lurked on this list for a while with some interest, and thought i might add
> some comments following some of the recent discussion about what
> applications should be included in linuxstep.
>
> My first instinct is to reply that linux step should include no applications
> at all. Of course I mean this figuratively. Instead i think linux step has a
> real opportunity to escape the traditional application metaphor and instead
> provide a documented oriented view of the user's system.

How plan  you to make  it more successful  than the Lisa  (ancestor of
Macintosh) or the OpenDoc architecture?

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macos8/Legacy/OpenDoc/opendoc.html

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.