Re: UserDefaults for -back

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: UserDefaults for -back
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:27:05 -0400

"Chris B. Vetter" wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out the difference between GSAppOwnsMiniwindow and
> UseWindowMakerIcons.

GSAppOwnsMiniwindow is for miniwindows (not app icons). If it's YES or
absent, GNUstep handles miniaturization itself -- and doesn't let the
window manager do it. If it's NO, the window manager is allowed to do its
own iconification. This does not affect app icons at all.

UseWindowMakerIcons is for app icons, and has no effect when the window
manager isn't Window Maker. It displays the application's icon window in
the window Window Maker provides instead of creating one controlled by the
app. This allows the icon to be docked.