GNUstep Development environment installer 0.5 for Windows

From: Tom Koelman
Subject: GNUstep Development environment installer 0.5 for Windows
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:25:10 +0200

I created a new version of the experimental installer for Windows that
contains basically everything needed to build applications with
GNUstep base. It can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/windows/ . Here you'll find a file
called README-0.5 (please read!) and
Install-GNUstep-Development-Environment-0.5.exe, the installer itself.

What it does is the following:
- Install MSYS + MinGW
- Copy all needed sources and binaries to the system
- Optionally actually build the base libary

I think this is quite handy to quickly see whether the base sources
compile out of the box under Windows. I can create an installer for
given tags of the CVS repository to make a package that can easily be
distributed to and tested on several systems.

The installer lets you choose an installation directory, which in the
end will be a completely self contained development environment that
can link against GNUstep base. Deleting this tree deletes everything
that is actually installed.

Changed from 0.4.1 to 0.5:
- Contains base and make 1.7.0
- Changed paths in install scripts to reflect new hierarchy of 1.7.0
- Contains libobjc 1.3.0
- Contains MSYS 1.0.9-snapshot 2003.06.11-1
- Tests whether building actually succeeded
- Creates .tar.bz2 file containing all logs when building failed
- Added file Bugs containing info what to do when bug in installer
  is found
- Used new version of Inno setup (4.0.2 beta), which
  enabled me to use solid compression, reducing the installer
  by 2 MB
- The installer tests whether the installation directory contains
  spaces

Give it a whirl and tell me what you think. All questions and
suggestions are welcome.

Tom Koelman