Re: [RFC/gdl2] Postgres Adaptor

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: [RFC/gdl2] Postgres Adaptor
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:27:03 +0200

Manuel Guesdon wrote:

If 7.3 dependencies are 'only' in schema generation, I think we can support only v >=7.3 Alt method is to use version entry of the connection directory
       connectionDictionary =
                               {
                                       databaseVersion = "7.2";
                                       databaseName =XXX;
                                       databaseServer = XXX;
                                       userName =XX;
                                       password =XXX;
                                       primaryKeySequenceNameFormat =
"eoseq_%@";
                               };
This sound reasonable. We default to the version of the client API the Adaptor was configured with. The connection dictionary (of the model or adaptor, what ever is applicable) overrides this default when available. Upon connection, we really ask the DB server for VERSION() and act accordingly.

Thanks.  Patch is coming up...

Cheers,