Re: Re[2]: debugSet

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Re[2]: debugSet
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:54:26 +0100

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 10:32  am, Manuel Guesdon wrote:

Hi Richard,

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:20:25 +0100 Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
| What is wrong with doing ....
|
| set = [[NSProcessInfo processInfo] debugSet];
| saved = [set copy];
| [set removeAllObjects];  // Turn off all debugging

| [set unionSet: saved]; // Turn back on again

Near nothing but it make an extra call in GSDebugSet and I'd like to have a way to enable/disable debug logs in some part of code even if another code (library, ,...) add objects in debug set. Something like a master control.
My patch is not very good and a flag should be better.

Why do you think about this ?

That sounds reasonable ... a flag would have negligible performance overhead and be very simple.
Perhaps a method like [NSProcessInfo -enableDebug:] to control it?