Re: debugSet

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: debugSet
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:12:09 +0100

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 11:41  am, David Ayers wrote:

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

That sounds reasonable ... a flag would have negligible performance overhead and be very simple.
Perhaps a method like [NSProcessInfo -enableDebug:] to control it?

Just a minor detail, but I think -(void)setEnableDebug:(BOOL)flag is more consistant with the rest of the API.

The -set... methods are generally used to modify instance variables, in which case, consistency dictates that there should be a
-(BOOL)enableDebug;
counterpart to
-(void)setEnableDebug:(BOOL)flag;

better (more self explanatory) would be
-(BOOL)debugLoggingEnabled;
-(void)setDebugLoggingEnabled:(BOOL)flag;

I guess the alternative convention is something like -
-(void)disableDebugLogging;
-(void)enableDebugLogging;

votes?