Re: objc runtime problem

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: objc runtime problem
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:40:30 -0600

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 11:40 AM, David Ayers wrote:

Would it be plausible to introduce new variable for forwarding functions with the extra parameter? It would have precedence over the existing one. Maybe we could also have a different name the __objc_get_forward_imp which takes the extra parameter and leave the old implementation... I'm not really sure it's such a good idea but I don't have a feeling for how much this function is used in other projects. The fact that __objc_msg_forward is a public hook of objc-api.h makes me a bit weary.

Yes, I was assuming that. Even GNUstep has to support different libobjc implementations.