Re: [RFC] Header organization

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:17:31 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:

I wanted to avoid links for MingW. But then if we have a Foundation directory, that screws up the apple-apple-apple combo. I don't really see a good way to solve both problems. Anyway, since we already have a hack work-around for MingW, I guess keeping the links would be OK.

Well, another proposal I was considering was similar to:

Headers/gnustep/fdn/Foundation/NS*.h
Headers/gnustep/base/GS.h

Headers/gnustep/apk/AppKit/NS*.h
Headers/gnustep/AppKit/GS.h

and on systems which had symlinks we would add a Foundation/AppKit symlinks in Headers pointing down, and systems without symlinks could be extended to use -I*Headers/gnustep/fdn / -I*Headers/gnustep/apk respectively. (I would use the symlinks where available to reduce the -I options we need.)

I have no real preferance yet.

Cheers,