Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:55:21 +0200

David Ayers wrote:
> err... one more thing... (I should have inspected the Headers/gnustep
> directory before) :-/
>
> How about:

I'm not really happy about adding even more directories to the top-level
include namespace. Since they're all going to have to have a GNUstep
prefix anyway, I think it's cleaner and better to keep them in a
gnustep/ or GNUstep/ subdirectory (and include them using
<gnustep/project/file...>, so -I.../gnustep should not be used).

But if they're going to be moved...

> gnustep/unicode -> GNUstepBase/unicode/
>
> gnustep/x11 -> GNUstepX11
> gnustep/xlib -> GNUstepXLib
> gnustep/gsc -> GNUstepGSC
> or
> gnustep/x11 -> GNUstepBack/x11
> gnustep/xlib -> GNUstepBack/xlib
> gnustep/gsc -> GNUstepBack/gsc

Definitely the second option, _if_ we're going to install these at all.

> gnustep/guile -> GNUstepGuile
>
> gnustep/gsantlr -> gsantlr

This needs to have the 'gs' expanded to be reasonably unique, so it
would become "GNUstepANTLR".

> gnustep/eoaccess -> GDL/EOAccess
>
> I'm not sure whether we should touch these, but if so:
>
> gnustep/extensions -> FoundationExt/extensions
> gnustep/objc -> FoundationExt/objc
>
> I'm leaning toward updating then because some of the above seem to rely
> on -Ixxx/gnustep

That should be fixed, but we don't to move things around to do that;
removing the -I.../gnustep is enough.

- Alexander Malmberg