Re: NSHomeDirectory() problems on windows

From: Jeremy Bettis
Subject: Re: NSHomeDirectory() problems on windows
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:00:22 -0500

I think that the makefile package should convert the long names to short
names, and the userprofile is good.

However, windows checks $HOMEDRIVE/$HOMEPATH first and $USERPROFILE
secondly.

You will notice this by running Start->Run... cmd.exe on an account which
has a home directory set, you are started in the home dir.  However if there
is no home directory you end up in the User Profile path.