Re: NSHomeDirectory() problems on windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSHomeDirectory() problems on windows
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:35:29 +0100

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 10:18 AM, Roland Schwingel wrote:
Well swapping the order so we use $HOMEDRIVE/$HOMEPATH preferentially
sounds like a good option then.  Any other ideas anyone?

Sounds also reasonable for me....
We could live with this happily when search order is swapped....

Done.

Just a philosophical question, when USERPROFILE is ignored in many places and maybe in some countries not you have a inconsistent behavour of GNUstep
in some countries... I would prefer a well defined behaviour in all
places.... Is either USERPROFILE and/or HOME/HOMEDRIVE is set in every
country the same things should happen...
Independant which one is choosen than but it should always be the HOME
things or the USERPROFILE things.

If USERPROFILE is choosen it would be IMHO best to fix the space stuff
elsewhise it would be unusable...

Just my $0.02

I agree ... but I don't know if it is possible/practicable to fix this ...
certainly I don't have time to go through the makefiles system
and try to get it working with spaces in directory names :-(