Re: Making autogsdoc a separate package

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Making autogsdoc a separate package
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:34:10 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:
Nicola Pero wrote:
I'd like to propose to make autogsdoc a separate package from
gnustep-base.

Excellent idea, IMHO! Only pros:
- code size of gstep-base is reduced
- more easy to use as a separate tool with lF&Cocoa
- independend versioning

It has nothing to do with gnustep-base actually, as it's a completely
independent documentation tool.

Yes, it would be very nice to have autodoc separate for use with libFoundation and Cocoa.

Yes, but it's hard enough to get people to write/read the documentation as it is. Requiring a separate package would make it harder (plus I'd have to maintain a separate package as well (relases,etc)).

Well, an end-user certainly doesn't generate the documentation himself (at least he shouldn't be required to do so). Also documentation itself should be a separate package, IMHO (eg I almost never install documentation packages, but rather prefer to look at web docs).

Helge