libobjc with ffcall or ffi

From: Jeremy Bettis
Subject: libobjc with ffcall or ffi
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:10:37 -0500

This email from the archives
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2001-02/msg00163.html seems
to indicate that libobjc can be built with ffcall, but when I download the
latest snapshot of dev-apps from gnustep.org, it still uses builtin_apply et
al.

Is there a ffcall or libffi version of libobjc around somewhere?  Forwarding
of methods returning id, float, and double are all not working for me.  It's
all fine and good that gnustep-base can use ffi or ffcall, but if libobjc is
broken, it is all for naught.

gcc 3.2, mingw, win32.  I am not too proud to hardcode intel assembly into
libobjc, and it might come to that.