Re: further changes - request for comments

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: further changes - request for comments
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:33:51 +0200

Nicola Pero wrote:

In other words, changes proposed are:

* replacing /ix86/linux-gnu/ with /ix86-linux-gnu/

* installing all headers in Headers/ix86-linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/xxx which
matches the Libraries/ix86-linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/xxx directory, and means
you don't need to install cpu/os specific headers in a separate directory.

* removing -Ixxx/ix86/linux-gnu/ from the command line.

The flattened case is unchanged, except potentially GSConfig.h, which
should at the moment go in Headers/ix86/linux-gnu/GSConfig.h (and which
would end up being top-level in the flattened case then!), would be moved
into Headers/GNUstepBase/.
Sounds great! I was going to mention the potential problems with -frameworks and GSConfig.h after the change, myself.

(I'm not sure what temporary solution David used for GSConfig.h, but it
must be installed into a cpu/os-dependent directory, and the only at the
moment in headers is xxx/Headers/ix86/linux-gnu/).

Exactly!

Cheers,