Re: [RFC] Header reorganization finish up

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header reorganization finish up
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:27:35 +0100

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 01:33 AM, David Ayers wrote:

Hello,

It's finally in.  Yet there remain a few issues.

- UnixFileHandle.[hm] and WindowsFileHandle.h seem very obsolete and are not being build. I haven't reinserted these headers yet. Please either remove the corresponding *.m file and check with configure.ac whether the comment still applies, or ask me to put the headers back (public or private).

I think we should remove these ... we *may* want to have different classes to handle unix and windows file handles again in the future, but if so we can re-implement them quite trivially, and in any case they should be private.

- I had to split the -gui documentation into two projects similar to base. They are not integerated well and still require some cleanup.

- I didn't move all private headers to the source directories. I'll explain why tommorrow. (Need sleep!)

Otherwise I'd like to thank you all for helping me make this happen!

Thanks very much for all the work.