Re: Seeking adive, comment, warnings, etc on a new backend

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Seeking adive, comment, warnings, etc on a new backend
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:27:15 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> Before I venture off into this creation does anyone have any tips,
> warnings, comments?

As before, I suggest that you look at using back-art for the rendering
part. If you choose not to use back-art, you may find DPSTest useful
when testing the dps rendering:

http://w1.423.telia.com/~u42308495/alex/DPSTest-0.9.1.tar.gz

[snip]
> Second, there is no concept of a window manager.  This
> would mean that the window decoration and management code would have to
> be in the back-end, is that even feasible at this point in time?

Having it in the backend would be no problem at all. However, my plan is
to add window decoration code to -gui, drawn and handled as normal
views, that could be used when the backend (itself or through the
windowing system it uses) doesn't handle window decorations, so it may
be easier for you to wait for and use that. (If you need it soon, tell
me and I'll hurry up and implement it. :)

- Alexander Malmberg