Re: Next release

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:56:44 +0200

Hi Adam,

for gui I have only a few old changes still hanging around, that I would like to put in today. But for back I would like to see a new release only after everybody is happy with the changes in the X pasteboard interaction. There has been a bit of a heated up mail exchange (ok, mostly uni-directional) and we should wait until this cools down a bit and we get reports if there are actual problems left with the code.

As I will be away again starting at the middle of next week, any release date after this is fine for me.

Cheers
Fred

Adam Fedor wrote:
I plan on making another release of the core libraries in a few days. This will highlight the Header changes. Also, I may make this a pre-release version for the next stable release. If I do that, then I'll do two things:

For make/base:
  freeze/branch the code for the stable release

All:
make weekly releases for the next month and make a final stable release after that.